From:
"C.R. Crowell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 21:10:03 -0400
we had a Chrysler minivan which saw a great deal of use, including bee yard duties.   At one point
it suffered irreparable damage to the passenger door, whereupon a used door from a junk yard was
pressed into service.  My brother-in-law was quite chagrined to see that we never painted the door
to match the rest of the van, in fact the crayon markings from the junk yard dealer were left
intact.

"Kids", I used to say, "you have to realize that by driving this van in this condition we are
performing an invaluable public service.  Every other driver out there will see our van and the
decripit condition it's in, and instantly they will feel very good about their own vehicles, which
no doubt appear much better in their own eyes after seeing ours."