From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:16:31 -0500
Janko,
Some of my hive kills were from honeydew. My hives are right by a
pine forest and I was suprised to learn they collect honeydew
from pines. I also learned it ferments in the comb. In the
spring, it is runny and shakes easily out of the combs.
Altogether bad stuff for overwintering in cold climates.
Bill Truesdell
BAth, ME