From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2015 22:56:10 -0500
>> "Where beekeepers had a healthy hive and split it in the spring to become
>> nuclei for new hives, the beekeepers could then report the nuclei hives
with
>> four frames or less as non-viable, eligible for the announced
compensation
>> program for overwintering losses and a count in the dead hive category."

>> Clearly, the accusation is that beekeepers are defrauding the
compensation

> Look, are you sure this didn't happen?

Yes, of course.
It is trivially easy to fact-check these days, one can verify such things in
less than a minute.
Using a query string of "Ontario bee loss compensation", this is the second
link:

http://www.agricorp.com/en-ca/Programs/BeekeepersFinancialAssistanceProgram/
Pages/Overview.aspx

http://tinyurl.com/m4qpwfq

This is where the rules for 2015 financial assistance are clearly stated for
Ontario:

"If you lose more than 40 per cent of your registered active hives, a
payment may be made on the difference.
For example, if you reported 100 registered, active hives and experienced a
loss of 50 hives, you may be eligible for a payment on 10 hives...

Either all individual bees in the colony are dead or fewer than three active
frames remain.
A frame is considered active if it is at least 75 per cent covered by live
bees on each side."

Note that the number of frames above is "three", not "four" as was claimed
twice by Mr. Denys.

A copy of this post has been sent to Mr. Denys' email address at Pride seeds
per their website.
Somehow, I doubt we will be hearing from him, as he knows the facts as well
as I do.

And now, you do too.