From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:39:40 -0400
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Jerry was there and noted the symptoms, so if you are saying he
>is incorrect in his diagnosis, then you have an issue with someone who
>was there and saw it against an opinion.

You misunderstood what I was commenting on.
Nothing to do with Jerry.
I was commenting on the quote by Benson:

> If memory serves someone requested documentation of an
> organic beekeeper losing hives to CCD.

Now, how do you obtain this ‘documentation’? Who is qualified and who is
not?  The thread says ‘science and CCD’ and yet, much of the CCD colony
statistics in the USA been done by persons that would perhaps never come
close to meeting the scientific qualification set forth as a requirement
by some on this list.

The symptoms of CCD ambiguous as they may be, are compiled, and a
diagnosis is made.  There are no lab tests that will confirm CCD, and
symptoms vary from area to area, so a diagnosis is therefore based much on
assumption which increases the likelihood of error.   That’s all I have to
say, I’ll await my scolding.

Joe