From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2015 18:22:46 -0700
" But I think
you do a disservice to some beekeepers that DO have a problem with
neonics by assuming that their problems stem from not keeping varroa
under control. "

Locally only three other people that I know of control varroa.  All have good survivability.  Then there are the large number who do nothing at all about varroa and have 70 to 100% hive deaths per year and blame Monsanto's neonics or round up including many just as far from agriculture as I am.

I am sure someone someplace has problems with neonics killing his bees.  We all know planter dust can be deadly.  We also all know that spraying trees in bloom with neonics is deadly.  But, we also know people who live in a big Ag desert surrounded by crops treated with neonics and round up who do not have unreasonable hive deaths.

I think by far the largest problem we have is PPB.

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken