From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:54:52 -0500
Quote:
Speaking of which, everyone should be familiar with http://www.reallyrawhoney.com.  $5 a pound in 24 pound buckets; $10 for a one-pound jar!  And she sells out every year!

Reply:
This is what I am talking about. What is in the honey that makes it ten times as valuable as it normally would be? I have seen this product and looks to me like it has a bit more than just wax and pollen floating in it. I wonder how these people would react to brown debris floating in their milk? Honey sold at a price like that is snake oil.

The main reason I heat honey, aside from when it needs to be liquefied to get it out of the pail or drum, is to remove foreign matter like insect parts, etc. I wouldn't eat that stuff and I wouldn't expect anyone else to.

pb