From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:33:39 -0400
my questions...
why would anyone even attempt to rear queens in a habitat dripping with agricultural chemicals?  I guess if you had no choice you might but almost everyone can look about and find a better spot to rear queens. furthermore how could anyone anywhere make the statement that drones in any habitat were not exposed to neonics?

and Mr Linders emotional ladened response...
Don’t let cultural bias and ignorance of an area allow you to make snarky comments.

my additional comments...
your remarks are classical obfuscation.  nice try but you still did not answer my question! you do seem to be quite talented as bleeding your own emotional content into anyone writing who disagrees with your agenda. snarky??? well if you say so.... but perhaps this interpretation is a plank in your own eye?

since I just returned from a trip from here to Jamestown, North Dakota and then over to Wisconsin and back down thru Missouri and Arkansas (all of which is pretty much in the midwest) it might profit you to notice what is happening throughout the midwest and then perhaps talk to a few long term beekeeper along the route.  I could report (via conversation with beekeepers) the dramatic decline in the honey crop in several (actually all) area or paraphrase beekeeper who report that canola once seen as a boom to the beekeeping industry in the midwest is now avoided due to the risk of insecticide use.  You could also simply look out the window anywhere along the way and see the perfectly weedless fields from ditch to the center of the field and also wonder how these AGRICULTURAL CHEMICAL might be impacting the bees???  Over use of agricultural fertilizers and chemicals has been well documented beginning about 30 years ago... sorry if you did not get the notice!  The impact of this overuse is well documented down thru the Mississippi River and yearly expresses itself in a red tide event in the Gulf of Mexico.  Hiding your head in the sand will not make any of this reality disappear and pretending none of this overuse impacts a honeybee is simply naive.  a sad side bar is this overuse also cost farmers plenty.... but certainly someone must profit????

you might also notice (if your bias was not so obvious) that I used the term agricultural chemical and not neonics.

it seems folks in other area may pretend ag chemical and neonics are non existent in the area where they rear bees (as it seem one scientist/beekeeper suggest in his own remarks to this thread) and yet at least one phd type plant scientist here tells me that neonics are almost universally used in greenhouse cultivation of plants (and yes this includes any number field type plants rear for food production).  I would guess one can only pretend that no greenhouse cultivation takes place in California... unless you fly in and out of San Jose, Ca and never look down at all that glass you are flying over. If you really want to hide your head deeper in the sand you can also pretend that none of these things are water soluble.

and a final ps > as I have expressed in several thread on this forum I am not anti neonics or even anti ag chemical since I still think at the end of the day primary producers need choices to effectively grow and protect their crops... and this reality will become increasingly important as the world population grows.  yet at the end of the day I would still ask.... 'why would anyone even attempt to rear queens in a habitat dripping with agricultural chemicals?  and finally do these things impact drone fertility... well it seems according to the study they do.  is this the ONLY VARIABLE impacting drone fertility or is neonics that large a concern for myself when and where I rear queesn.. I would say absolutely not.