From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 10:34:24 -0400
Whenever working on colonies that seem to have trachael mites, I have by the
same evening had excruciatingly itchy eyelids with redness.  Unable to see
the cause I had my son look for "cooties."  With the naked eye nothing was
visible, but with a 30x
microscope, he was able to see 8-legged light-colored "cooties" on my
eyelashes.  The application of FGMO completely relieves the symptoms within
hours, and until the next time I get into such bees.  Could trachael mites
or some other bee "cooties" afflict humans?  Has anyone else had this
experience.

Bill Morong