Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 16:17:16 PST
Hello Carmenie and Gang,

Think about this Carmenie, do you take anti-biotics when you are not
sick?

No?

Why give anti-biotics to healthy bees?

Much has been written on the subject. There is a group with many
letters after their name who say yes, this is what to do.
There is also a group of people with an equal amount of letters
after their names who say no, do not do that.

Take the time to read the scientific studies themselves, and separate
fact from opinion as much as possible. It boils down to your own
personal philosophy. Folks do what they believe to be right,
even if it is not so.

I believe what the scientists tell me with their studies.
I also believe that anti-biotic use has been over done for a long
while, and not just in beekeeping.
It is looked upon as a magic bullet, the easier softer way.
Selective breeding and using IPM, (Intergrated Pest Management) is
initially costly, and time consuming, but ultimately very worthwhile.

Ernie Gregoire "Beekeeper," definition= partially brave,

                            partially excentric

Grist Mill Apiary

Canaan, NH. USA

02/13/99 16:17:16