From:
Jon Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:52:58 -0500
Last night I woke up thinking 'what if the problem with patties is that they are patties?'

Bees aren't big thinkers. They are more likely to react to stimuli than an analytic process. Maybe our AA profiles are just fine. What would happen if bees had to wallow through a tub of pollen sized protein or peptide when entering the hive? Would they groom themselves and put that substitute in their pollen baskets?

Would they then treat it as pollen, packing it into comb cells?

Has it been done?

JB