From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2015 22:07:06 +0100
>This is a perpetual item of debate.  I have my own hypotheses and practical
experience, but would like to hear from others who successfully use queen
excluders (as do I) for tips for how best to use them.

We use single British National Boxes.  Small by most of your standards, yet last year we averaged 88lbs per hive based on  autumn count (i.e. colonies fed for winter).  We also increased colony numbers by 50% from splitting our own colonies (i.e. no swarms collected from elsewhere).

Very happy with that!

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W