From:
Deanna Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:36:10 +1300
New Zealanders may have seen in the Dominion a day or two ago Frank Lindsay
from Wellington was at Parliament with Sue Kedgely launching a petition to
get neonics shelved until they could be re-evaluated by ERMA.

The thing about petitions is they need signatures. Lots of em. And we as
beekeepers are the ones who are going to have to get them.

If you are not satisfied with the safety of neonicotinoids currently, please
follow this link: http://www.greens.org.nz/petitions/petition-save-bees ,
read the instructions, print out some forms, and get collecting!

If you are in a club, make sure your club is aware and participating too.

Make copies for your friends and family to take to work/clubs/wherever they
frequent. The bees are a sympathetic cause and it shouldn't be too onerous
to get signatures.

But we have to get off our collective chuffs and take advantage of this
opportunity - right now.

Regards

Deanna Corbett

Ps - a belated thank you to those who replied to my query a couple of weeks
ago re F1 crosses and temperament.  I do appreciate all your responses, but
unfortunately wasn't able to reply at the time, and then of course the
moment seemed passed.