From:
huestis' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:10:40 -0700
Hi Robert,

>     I haven't read Killion

Got to get that one Robert as his method produces very good sections, some
of the best.

You say you shake
> the bees out of the box,

Yes Robert.  In Killions method you build the bees up into as may brood
boxes as possible. Just before the major flow the bees are shaken down to a
single to crowd them adding the sections. Swarm control is done
similtaniously. The brood is then set off behind the parent on its own
stand. What Aaron did was place it over a SgB. Allow a queen to mate or a
purchased queen. Then switch the bottom with the top box.

> leaves you with a broodbox with no bees in it,

I always shake back  a few frames to care for the brood.  Also this is done
usually in good weather. I'm going to shook swarm onto some 4.9 foundation
and then add a few sections. Then maybe combine with other 4.9 colonies
later. I think I'll try Aaron's snelgrove/ Killion method in the future as
sections sell very well here and seems like a sound plan.

Clay