From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:52:17 -0700
-- Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Would you trust him, even though he doesn't own any bees
these days?

Reply:
Though I read this and other here, with my mind on other
things, I need to reply in a way having been through a few
fights with inspection due to commercial (actively keeping
bees commercially) while working on side inspecting
neighboring commercial operations, with each doing things
differently for control of problems, and each with bees in
same county, and wanting more locations to be short.

This is where the main problems occur and heads butt. It's
not the new beekeeper getting instruction which is badly
needed. It is the butting of heads for lack of other words
in how to correct the problem professionally and hence
clashes occur. Even with newer beekeepers then 5-10 years
into beekeeping taught one method and then having another
told to him to mandatorily do to correct a problem in
direct confict to way they were shown by another. For some
reason it can start clan fights and local hardships that
can at times get going.

Yet if both followed being different paths to
correcting....problem would be solved and solution arrived
at....be it a bee pest, predator, or secondary disease.
Treatment routes do vary considerably.....FWIW. I know, for
we have gone done the none treatment path to correcting
problems while just doing simple colony manipulation
changes to solve what has hurt us. Yet others, burn, kill
and do other things to our poor bees.

Will say no more on subject matter.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby