From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:24:32 -0400
www.santafecandle.com/learn/beeswax/beeswax.htm

The link is like most and deals with small quantities. It says "to process approximately 400 g of wax" not 4,000
pounds.

Most on-line references say to lay it in the by making it into thin ribbons, or small pieces. Then wait three or
more weeks. More like six months here in low winter sun Maine. Wonder how many square feet of wax there would be
with 4,000 lbs spread out in a thin ribbon?

I was gong to answer this since there are some good posts in the archives on how to do larger batches, but even
they are for about 100 pounds. (Check Beeswax and Allan Dick's posts) I gave up since the request was for
something easier than 40 batches.

Most of what I read involves muriatic acid (Hydrochloric acid) or hydrogen peroxide. I would go the acid route.
Cheaper and actually less dangerous since the H2O2 would have to be concentrate, not the stuff you buy at the
corner chemists.

Bill Truesdell, currently reading a lot of British Murder mysteries. (Yes, Watson, Sloane was conked on the dome
with a gnome.)
Bath, Maine