From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 17:39:26 -0000
>The UK National Bee Unit states flatly "no brood comb should be used for
more than three years".
So, they seem to want at least 3 brood frames per 10-frame box replaced each
year.

Actually 11 frames to a box, but no matter.

I am a brood comb heretic.  I never replace brood combs that are in good
condition and certainly do not worry about the amount of drone comb.  I LIKE
drones - they ensure good mating and plenty of them help to flood my
apiaries with the right genes.

Incidentally, my average crop is more than twice the generally given average
for England and Wales.

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W