From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2011 11:09:17 -0600
?
Steve said:
 The way I see it is if you start with a pure queen and
>> inseminate it with pure drones of a different race than you will get F1
>> workers but you still have a pure queen.

The above would be more accurate if line was substituted for the word race.
Hybrid vigor can be had by using two *lines* of say Italian bees as long as
the basic genetics are different from my understanding.
As Randy Quinn pointed out the Midnight line was the product of around six
lines as the Starline was around four if I remember what dr. Conner told me.
Dann Purvis used six lines to come up with his Purvis gold line.

Again queen breeding is not my area of expertise so if the list sees (or
feels) I have not got the information correct please correct! I have many
queen rearing books in my library but not with me so working from memory.

bob