From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:26:54 -0800
I share your lament about non-honey ingredients in pro-honey products.  Perhaps if there is any good to come out of it, at least the manufacturers are keeping the name "honey" in front of the consumers.  Subliminal public relations at best.

  Several of my favorite, childhood breakfast cereals like "Super Sugar Crisp" have gone the way of nutritional correctness even though these cereals remain loaded with sugar (except most of them have renamed the individual sugars, and when renamed, they appear to be in smaller quantities).

  I've not had much luck talking bakeries into buying honey.  Most around here use HFCS.  What has been your marketing angle?  And how have you competed on the price?

  Grant
  Jackson, MO

It's here! Your new message!

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *