From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 19:58:34 -0400
Tony Bloor wrote:

> A scientist in New Zealand has produced a dressing made entirely from =
> manuka honey which can be cut and moulded into shape.  Wound care =

In my late trial of honey for wound dressing, I found that a hypodermic
without the needle works as an excellent applicator. You can buy them
from any farm (and probably pet) supply store. (I use them, with the
needles, for refilling my computer printers ink cartridges.) When I
first started applying the honey, it got a bit messy until I thought of
using them. You can control the amount and placement of the honey
easily. I use a 10cc hypodermic.

Recently, I had minor surgery and used that method for wound healing. If
you use a bandaid, you can start the bandaid on one half, apply the
honey to the wound and bandaid, and close the bandaid over the wound. It
also makes it easy to refresh the honey by just squirting some under the
bandaid from time to time. The paper I got from the doctor said the
wound would heal in two weeks. Honey cut it in half. I am a believer in
honey for topical dressing of wounds.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME