From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 06:50:59 +0000
> This message was originally submitted  by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L
> list at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU. You can approve it using the "OK" mechanism,
> ignore it, or repost an edited copy. The message  will expire automatically
> and you do not need to do  anything if you just want  to discard it. Please
> refer  to the list owner's  guide  if  you  are  not  familiar  with  the
> "OK"  mechanism;  these instructions  are  being  kept  purposefully  short
Scott Moser asked:

> ... First, how do I go about finding a place to get the
> equipment irradiated?
A good place to start is the BEE-L archives at:
http://listserv.albany.edu/archives/bee-l.html

A search on radiation will yield advice to check food preparation industries
and medical facilities.  Irradiation facilities are not a dime a dozen, but
they are not uncommon either.  I suspect a city like St. Louis might have such
a facility.

> The second thing is, even if colonies do not show signs of infection,
> should the equipment be periodically irradiated...?
Well, it certainly wouldn't hurt if you have the time and money and have no
phobias about irradiation.  However, it might be more cost effective to rotate
your combs.

Aaron Morris - Thinking out with the old, in with the new!