From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 22:36:41 +0100
On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Malcolm Roe wrote:

> However, the following observation might be of interest.  Just outside my
> back door at home there is a single sage plant (Salvia sylvestris) which
> is presently in flower.  It's only about 1m in extent but over the weekend
> it was astonishingly attractive to all sorts of nectar gathering insects.

Many of the culinary herbs seem excellent. I have oregano
growing just by the kitchen door where both the bees and we can
get to it easily. Borage, mint, rosemary, thyme and lavender
(culinary? .. just!) are all very popular.

Gordon Scott   [log in to unmask]      [log in to unmask] (work)
The Basingstoke Beekeeper (newsletter)      [log in to unmask]
<A HREF="http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/apis">Embryo Home Page</A>
Beekeeper; Kendo 3rd Dan; Sometime sailor.  Hampshire, England.