From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:54:24 EST
Actually, I think Dave is correct when he states that the connection
between honey and botulism is anecdotal.  I think when the original
investigation of the case in which honey was identified as the cause of
botulism (I believe it was in California), honey was identified as a
'possible' source.  However as Dave pointed out in his post, 'possible'
sources are everywhere.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer or a doctor (I don't even play one on TV)
and I have not read case studies or the particular California case.
However the issue is that botulism can be anywhere, including honey.
The REAL ISSUE is that great care should be taken when preparing
infants' food regardless if honey is an ingredient or not and that
the fauna in infants' digestive track is more able to deal with
possible botulism attack after their first year.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!