From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:55:11 -0600
William, from Florida, said "I usually treat(Bayer
Strips @$3.00 ea.)"

Lloyd said;
Wow.  This is the second reference to these kind of prices that I have heard
in the past few days.
I know this is the 'retail' price for such strips, but only in small
quantities of 10 to a pack.  Why don't clubs pool resources and order in
quantity to benefit members?  100 strips are commonly available for $2.00
each!

Reports at the ABF convention from Florida bee inspectors was that the
varroa resistant to the Bayer strips was statewide. Even  $2 a strip  may be
a waste of money. Doubling the amount of strips used is illegal (against
label) and does not work with choumaphos resistant mites.

Those beekeepers using the Bayer strips in other parts of the U.S. can go
back to sleep BUT know coumaphos resistant mites will soon be in your area!
At the ABF convention Florida beekeepers were deeply concerned about the
coumaphos resistance mites. Many other beekeepers seemed disinterested.
Hmmm.

What is the *game plan* for those on the list relying at present on the
Bayer strip?

Bob