From:
Carolyn Ehle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 22:58:55 -0400
For several years I have produced queens here from queens of several
races, now all mixed thru several generations.  I keep records of the
queen lines. The original queens were Buckfasts, several strains of
Italians, several Russian sources (Carniolan), and feral bees.  I work
bees with no protective gear, so temperament is critical.  Most of the
occasional mean queens I've had have been Italian, not Buckfast,
daughters, tho the drones could have been any of the above. Guess the
bees didn't read about our stereotypes....again!