Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:38:47 -0800
Rex Boys wrote:

> I think that Jerry.J.B. has missed the point of the apidictor.
>

> In his last paragraph he says that if all swarms could be prevented, one
> wouldn't need a warning system.
> Surely, it is the other way round!   The purpose of the warning system is to
> allow you to prevent all swarms.
>

> You must have a completely different philosophy from us due, no doubt, to
> the enormous distances between bee yards and what the management men
> describe as cost/benefit.

Hello All,
 I look at swarm prevention as all those steps needed to keep the hive
in a well balanced expansion mode.The nature of the bee is to expand
there
populations in the spring.Our trick is to try to control the room that
they
need . Give them a new queen that has strong pheromones to control the
hive
and lessen the desire for the bees to swarm.We all have our own check
off lists.
 It takes work and some knowledge to what point the bees are in regards
to swarming.
You should try to be ahead of the swarm cells. By then your already in
too much trouble.
The hive behaviour after the cells are in place , puts you behind hive
control.
Then it is just causality control.
 Any added knowledge that we can obtain through the use of technology
is the place we should be.I have seen Jerry's electronic hives a couple
of years ago.
There is no way to explain there potential. We will all gain from
them.There tools at this point
in time.Ways to understand more of bee behaviour.
 All tools are important and have there place in expanding our knowledge
of the hohey bee.
Best Regards
 Roy Nettlebeck
Tahuya River Apiaries