Date:
Wed, 2 May 2012 23:17:34 -0400
In a message dated 5/2/2012 7:11:59 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<Jerry said: My apologies if I'm violating any list  policies.>

<Moderator Response: You are not.  What you are  posting is of great
interest to BEE-L readers
and one of the reasons this  list exists.>
Good to hear, we try to adhere to the 'informed beekeeping' concept.
We're getting requests to deliver content over the web, especially to other bee
clubs.  We're going to experiment with all of this.

Our College of Continuing Education has been renamed the College  of
Extended and Life Long Learning and also has a new Dean, and he's  providing
support for on-line content, delivery.  Also a change of  direction from the Dean
who retired.

The previous Dean's vision was to provide academic courses tied to the
University's Departmental offerings.  The new Dean sees a much broader set  of o
utreach and educational opportunities, and a bee course series, possibly
leading to establishment of a Commercial Beekeeping Course is in line with
this.  One of his other objectives is to take researchers out of the
University classrooms and get them into the community.

For everyone's information, we're going to pick up 204 packages of bees
from Western Bee early this Friday morning, bring them to Missoula, where we
will hive 72 packages, and deliver the rest to local beekeepers.  This
saves lots of people the drive from MIssoula to Polson and back.  We always
have an open invitation to any newbies, or more experienced beekeepers to stay
and learn some pointers for hiving packages.  We've been doing this every
spring for several years now - we get a crowd.

We just bought a helmet camera - will be seeing if we can use it to better
illustrate the process.  Jerry