From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:08:13 -0700

> >hive inspections a done by tipping the whole
> >hive over. Apparently no lifting, one just spreads the supers and rights
> >the one being inspected, then tips the super back, and does the next
> >one.

We used to do this to whole hives when we had them in rows.  We built a
thing like a ladder to use to lay them down, and, yes, we did set them
back up one box at a time.

Worked well, since the returning bees did not interfere.

We still do this with doubles by tipping them forward off the pallet and
splitting them and then putting them back up.

Allen