From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:29:00 -0700
At 02:33 PM 10/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>The question was asked:
>"Has anyone out there ever used Wright's Liquid Smoke in a spray bottle
>instead of the traditional smoker?"

>At a recent beekeepers conference here in Florida, the head of the bee
>inspectors for the state mentioned the use of such products as a way to
>avoid the use of actual smoke.

I do fear replying as I am not sure what class of idiots I belong in.<G>  I
am sure its not in the higher order, but since it was asked this idiot well
make a reply which is nothing more then my own opinions and experiences.

For most of my life the favorite method of incidental checking of a single
or few hives was using smoke from the beekeepers pipe or cigarettes. As
smoking become less and less popular among beekeepers looked for newer
methods and did discover liquid smoke which many do use when they don't
want to take the time to light a smoker and in some high fire danger areas
that do not allow by law or common sense a lit bee smoker.

ttul, the OLd Drone
http://beenet.com

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!