From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 04:55:47 -0400
I don't find the video to be representative of beekeepers in MN and our experiences with colony survival. My interpretation of dwindled hives in late October in MN is mite loss. What kind of message does that video send to farmer/landowners ? Do you think he shows that video to his bee yard land owners?

What an embarrassment really to commercial beekeepers in the USA. Making sweeping accusations with zero lab samples or mite count data does nothing to move  our issues forward. A sensational baseless swipe at farmers and growers rather then take some self responsibility by someone who has a long history of being unable to keep his bees alive while meanwhile his neighboring beekeepers manage to maintain their hive counts and produce honey. He would have a lot more credibility in my mind if he ever noted his mite count and varroa management strategy.