From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 17:46:47 GMT
    New beekeepers should remember that many of the old-timers on this
newslist used gloves when they began keeping bees.  And many of us will use
gloves if gloves will keep us from getting a lot of stings.  If I had to hive
a swarm that I knew had been hanging up for several days, I would get out the
gloves.  If I had to take apart a hive at night in the rain, I would get out
the gloves.
    Many of us are able to work the bees on sunny days when the bees are busy
working.  At these times, gloves may not be necessary and working without
gloves is easier (and cooler in hot weather).
Tim
Tim Sterrett
Westtown, (Southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA
39*55'N 75*33'W