Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:20:30 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Charles wrote..."Keep in mind,  the whole goal of the pesticide is targeted pest control,  so the real key is to keep the bees out of it in general."

Yesterday I talked to a friend who recently sold his house.  He has had a colony living under his shed for 20 years.  Beautiful bees.  He loved them too.  I told him if the new owner didn't want them, I would come and get them or find the right person to help. I live 600 miles away, but would have left immediately if I had known. 

Then new owner called several people, finally someone came out in a bee suit and poisoned them, pulled up the floor boards, exposed an amazing amount of honey and comb (all full of poison) and they left it that way for the last month.  My friend still owns the house next door and he said the place was full of bees the whole time.  Probably poisoned every bee within 4 miles.

I was devastated.  All the honey was gone by the time I heard about it.  What a senseless, tragic situation.  The person in the bee suit is a professional, he does this all the time.  

How do we reach and educate this kind of person and the public to better options?

Melinda Stewart
Napa, CA

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2