From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:48:17 EDT

I haven't done it myself but was told about it and shown a cine film by a
chap who died some years ago. He did it for many years. He used a nuc box
through which the bees had to pass and kept it stocked with brood. The theory as
explained to me was that with no income, especially water, the queen would
rapidly go off lay. The pheromenes of the brood in the nuc might be an
attractant.

Chris