From:
james kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:17:20 +0100
Dear all

My best evidence that bees move eggs to queen cells is the appearance of
a completely new queen cell on a clean dummy board at the edge of a
split with cells, placed on top of the parent colony over mesh. In this
case, the cell itself was started from scratch. At other times I have
seen new cells appear which are sealed too early (no eggs when examined,
then sealed at next examination less than 9 days later, usually 7). Both
imply the workers move eggs just before they hatch, which would be the
optimum time for them to do this. Since they also make up cell cups in
the bottom of the super frame, they will presumably want eggs in them.

james kilty
http://www.honeymountain.co.uk