From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:41:52 -0700
Dr. Jay Evans asked me to forward this to the List:

The USDA-ARS Bee Research Laboratory is extremely pleased to welcome Samuel
Abban to restart the USDA Bee Disease Diagnostic Service.  Mr. Abban has
ten years experience with honey bee disease diagnostics and research and he
will ably run this program. With assistance from BRL staff and the Bee
Informed Partnership Sam will now begin analyzing backlogged samples while
also receiving new samples for diagnostics.  We will prioritize brood
samples to address concerns over foulbrood disease and antibiotic
prescriptions.  Our aim is to continue and improve this service for another
100 years. Finally, words can’t describe our thanks to USDA-APHIS and the
Bee Informed Partnership for their support of Sam and bee diagnostics as we
waited to bring him aboard with USDA.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA