From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 21:29:54 -0600
On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Keith Hooker wrote:

> As an observation, I have come to the conclusion that bees do not
> like sweat especially from under my wrist watch strap and therefore
> remove it and wash my wrist before working bees.  I know only too
> well that if I wear the watch (it has a metal strap) I will be stung
> in that area.
>
> Do rings work in a similar way?  I have a sygnet ring but the main
> part is thin and perhaps the finger does not collect sweat like the
> area under a wrist watch because I am seldom stung on any finger.

My understanding is that the contrast of the strap or band is apparent to
bees vision and that they are attracted to sting at such places.

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Futures, Art & Honey:http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka