From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 22:52:36 +0100
>I've looked up wax queen cell cups in the archives and queen cups, but
>could not find the answer to my question. I've carved a queen cell cup mold
>out of cherry and it has been smoothed down very smooth. But....... How
>does one get the wax cup off the wooden mold once the cup has been dipped
>and built up?

Simple to make cell cups.  Take some 3/8" dowel and round the end as
smoothly as you can - use fine grade sandpaper.

Soak it in cold water so that the wood is saturated.

Then dip in molten wax, then cold water, then wax etc.  3 dips in wax
followed by three dips in water.

The cup should now slide easily from the dowel and you can mount it on a bar
using molten wax.

Best wishes

Peter
52.194546N, -1.673618W