From:
Michael Simics <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:28:15 -0800
I am a bee venom collector in Canada. For the first time this summer, I
observed multiple lancets on a bee stinger. I observed this on seven or
eight occasions, but was only able to preserve three of them. Two of them
have two lancets connected to one venom sac and one with three lancets
connected to one venom sac.

Has anyone observed this, heard of it, have any explanation or references
about this unusual phenomenon.

Michael Simics
http://www.direct.ca/beevenom/