From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:37:21 -0500
The issue as I see it is science can not prove the medical doctor is the
article wrong and those saying pesticides are safe around bees right.

spiked patty and caged bees is not over two million field hives.

If the American people ever learn the truth about what we are exposed to in
our everyday environment their eyes will be opened but even more shocking
will be the fact many have known for years today was coming and kept silent.

The mercury levels in the Salt Lake has been known for decades. Ground water
contamination gets worse each year. Look at contamination in China. Is China
our future?

Commercial beekeeping in the U.S. is certainly threatened by pesticides and
contamination.in my opinion. maybe not in 2012 or 2013 but ten years down
the road could be a very different scenario.

Common sense tells us so.

CCD has certainly made people look away from pesticides as problems for bees
but CCD has taken on a life of its own and now picked up the
environmentalists. I would never have dreamed the media would have published
pesticides ( as powerful as the chemical companies are) linking CCD with
pesticides ( neonics?).

In my opinion the environmentalists will not *solve* the problem but will
*expose* environmental problems and pesticides as the possible  cause  of
CCD (which will help with their efforts in other environmental issues).

Does the list really think the U.S. does not have environmental issues?

I have an autistic grandson and worker. We love these kids. Will those kids
end up in an institution after the adults are gone? I hope not!

These kids need help to survive from the time they are born. Autism is a
serious situation and the numbers are rising. Research says not totally
genetic! I am a volunteer for the Autism foundation from my area. One of the
kids in my area is in his twenties and has never said a word. he can't tell
you when he is sick or has needs. He wears a diaper. What if the child was
yours?

I am a realist and I realize  whenever a post comes up pointing to the
neonics a few say there is no proof and point to Canola in Canada. Hell I
have never seen canola in my area.

I had to fight to get a few on the list to understand bees collect the heck
out of corn pollen in my area.

I find in interesting beekeepers from both coasts know what bees do in the
Midwest better than a beekeeper which lives in the Midwest.

my 2 cents worth.

 If you ever get a special needs child then you will know what I am talking
about. Read all the books and internet sites on the subject still does not
prepare you. Did not me! Talk to those caring for these kids and you will
learn.

Your odds of getting an autistic child are going up every year.

I certainly do not know what is causing the problem but as the article says
genetics is being found to only be a small factor. research needs to look at
other factors as the article says.

bob