From:
Richard Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 08:15:26 -0500
It's too late now, but I have had two hives that swarmed.  Both hives had
at least 15 queen cells.  Both queens left 4-5 frames covered on both sides
with 90% coverage in brood.  I didn't think I could control these hives from
swarming.  With this number of queen cells I didn't think even splits would
help.

Here comes the confusing part, both hives are queenless now.  Both hives
have a strong bee population but no brood and I can't find a queen in either
of the hives.

I have ordered new queens and will put them in as soon as they come in.

I guess that a hive can be strong enough to put too many swarms together and
all the queens will leave.  Any one with similar experiences?

Richard L. Barnes