From:
Temo Gogoberidze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:59:55 +0400
Hello Mark,

> can anyone tell me what piece of apparatus is used to separate the queens in
> a 2 queen hive?

A few years ago I red an article by American beekeeper (unfortunately
I do not remember his name) about 2 queen hives. The conclusion of
author was following: when one forms 2 queen hive from 2 usual
hives, during first 3 weeks it's nessesary to separate them by
duble wire netting (wire mesh) with cells 3X3mm. Author insisted
that distance Between the wire mashes must be 19mm.
3 weeks later he changed double wire mashes to usual queen excluder.

Temuri Gogoberidze, caucasian queen breeder,
 "Georgian Queens" Station  384230  Patara Jikhaishi,
  Imereti, GEORGIA
 E-mail:                   [log in to unmask]
 Web:                     http://www.beekeeping.com/georgian-queens/