From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:03:20 -0500
Hi Dee,

I'm having trouble deciphering your response to Bob where you assert
Nosema ceranae was confirmed in the mid-1980s as posted here on BEE-L.
Who confirmed it?  As we all know, merely psting something on BEE-L does
not make it so.  I have to assume that the samples were taken in the
1980s and only recently confirmed?  Was anyone even looking for Nosema
ceranae in the 1980s?  Similar logic must apply the "beyond 1959"
samples you allude to?  It seems that you are using "beyond 1959" to
mean earlier than 1959 (1958, 1957, ...) although beyond 1959 would
actually be 1960, 1961, 1962...  I think what you are getting at is
establishing a definitive date as to when Nosema ceranae can be verified
in the US, but again I'm having trouble deciphering what you wrote.  And
if/when that date is determined (is that date of mites or Nosema
ceranae), what exactly was transitioning in the industry in the USA and
EU.  I'm not sure what it is that we should have known to expect
beforehand.

If you will answer in the President's English, perhaps we can comment.

Respectfully asked,
Aaron Morris