Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:26:27 -0600
> 3.5% as the sweet spot. Higher was worse (killed bees) and lower was not as
> effective.

 From discussions here, it seems that there is no one size fits all
prescription.  As with all these ad hoc treatments, everyone has
different results.  The recommendations were based on specific hive
configurations, specific places, specific times and then extrapolated.

We had a southern US beekeeper report that he repeatedly doses hives
with no problems.  Others claim only once per brood cycle.  Northern
Europe advocates differently from southern Europe.

There are too many hive configurations and too many interpretations of
what constitutes a seam of bees, operator ability and accuracy -- and so
on and so on.

However, from what I understand, this is the safe dose.  Is it enough to
save a hive?  It all depends...  For me it was not.