From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2012 10:57:12 -0600
Hello Jason & All,

>Many in our club practice "on the spot" queen rearing with great success.
>We're not big time like many on this list, but Mel's process is reasonably
>repeatable and predictable.

I think at times it appears there are many large beekeepers on the list but
not really the case. Of the members I would guess (as being a member for
many years ) the number is perhaps the lowest number. My guess would be
those which keep bees strictly for enjoyment.(hobby) Those which want to at
least get a return on the money invested (sideline) . Then maybe those from
the research community, colleges, pesticide industry and environmental
groups ( and people interested in bees after CCD).
I really suspect those making a living from beekeeping are the lowest number
of members.

Comments from other members?

Point is the list is for all people interested in beekeeping. People should
never let the fact they only keep one hive or only a person with an interest
in beekeeping from posting.

Another point is at times you can ask  your question and not get a response.
Actually happened to me the first post I ever did on BEE-L.

usually the question can easily be answered by doing a search of the
archives.  few subjects have not been discussed.

Many times its better to try a search first and then if you still are not
satisfied ask the list saying you tried the archives and did not find the
answer.

Lurkers are a part of all lists but posting is fun. If you see a post not
getting answered and you can help post.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Midwest