From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:35:07 -0600
on 1/28/03 23:00, Automatic digest processor at [log in to unmask]
wrote:

> sorghum is not listed as a nectar source.  Any ideas on
> what might give it this flavor  'Tim Morris'

When I kept bees in central Indiana honey from the fall flow was very dark
and had a very strong taste to it, similar to sorgum.  I have no idea what
the nectar source was but am inclined to believe it included a lot of nectar
from goldenrod.  I like the strong flavored honeys as compared against the
bland taste of clover honeys.  The clovers did produce more than the fall
flowers and seems to be more preferred than the strong, robust flavors of
the fall honeys.

Mike in south central Alabama