From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 13:53:55 -0200
On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Bil Harley

>It doesn't matter what any dictionary says, there is a strict legal
definition of what is an ingredient and what is a constituent and no amount
of huffing and puffing will change that.
>The 2011 ruling was justified by pointing out that most of the pollen is
added when honey is extracted, very little is present before that so:
 “Under Article 2.13 of Regulation No 1829/2003 and Article 6(4)(a) of
Directive 2000/13, an ingredient is ‘any substance … used in the
manufacture or preparation of a foodstuff and still present in the finished
product, even if in altered form’.”

That is the whole point. In the quest to oppose GMO you manage to convince
a Judge that honey had no pollen in it, and that the pollen came-in in the
extraction process.

Before that judgement everyone understood, and that is in the EU
regulations, that honey was a one ingredient product, like water, oil,
wine, milk and the like.

The proposed changes in the EU regulations - that you celebrate and feel
proud off - only try resolve the artifialy created controversy.

I realy wonder who are the ones huff and puff?