From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:09:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/00 7:21:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I hope this is indicative of the trend in niche honey sales.
>
>  I donated a four pound jar of local honey to the county historical society
> for
>  their yearly auction.  It was billed by the auctioneer as local and
> therefore
>  particularly good for you.  It went for 35 dollars - $8.75 per pound.
Maybe
>  there is hope.  At least it is nice to know our product is held in such
high
>  esteem.  Perhaps I have found my niche.

   I've got you beat, Larry.  I donated a pint of honey with cut comb (it WAS
real pretty) to the SC watermelon growers association for their annual
auction. It brought $145.00.  That's about a hundred bucks a pound.  They
have an open bar during the auction; do you suppose that makes any difference?

   I've been working that around in my mind for some time.  Of course I
didn't make that profit; the middleman did....

   So how can I adapt the technique to better MY prices???

Dave Green      http://pollinator.com
(boilerplate)  Opinions aren't facts; learn the art of discrimination.
Opinions presented for your use and amusement;  use at your own risk.
;o)