From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:13:33 -0600
Hello All,
 Regarding the melt belt, George J. Biles wrote, "... otherwise the HOT (no
 thermostat, unfortunately) belt will cut into the bucket...."
Aaron wrote:
Well, I'd be concerned then for the effect on the honey.  Temperatures hot
enough to melt the plastic belt surely will damage the honey.  To protect
 the honey I'd utilize something with a thermostat to assure the honey does
 not get heated too hot or too long.
Bob wrote:
I like Aaron would never use a heating device on honey without a thermostat.
I have helped many beekeepers with the above problem.  There are many other
thermostat solutions but I like to keep things simple and only recommend
what I consider the best solution.
Parts needed:
Walter  Kelley *Heat limit control* on page 50 of the 2001 catalog. Price
$42 plus shipping.
Plug the belt into the heat limit control and the control into the wall
socket. Place the bulb in the five gallon pail. Set the  temperature you
want and forget. Don't buy a belt heater to use on honey without a
thermostat ( as Aaron said earlier).
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa,Missouri