From:
"David. E. Goble" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 14:48:43 -0500
>I recently did a split on two hives to make a new one, but the queen that I
introduced into the split died.
>This hive will be queenless for about one week untill I can get a new
queen. I have heard that queenless hives
>will develope laying workers, if queenless for more than a few days. Will
this cause any problems when my new
>queen arrives and I try to introduce her into the split? Also after the new
queen is accepted by the hive will
>the laying workers stop laying?
>--
>***************************
>* Charles (Rick) Grubbs   *
>* Douglasville, Ga SE USA *
>***************************

Dear Rick,
        If your new queen arrives with in the next week, use quite a bit of
smoke , before you introduce the new queen in to the hive with the escorts
in the cage, but make sure that the opening outside of the queen candy is
uncovered. Your new queen will gradually be acceptable to the bees in the
hive , and she will be released in the next few days. It is importance to
leave the hive alone for the next week, and it is quite possable tht when
your next examine the hive the queen will have layed.
The drone layer will be over ruled or killed. >
Thanks from :
                 http://www.eastend.com.au/~goble
            [log in to unmask] ( David Goble )
           American Beach Kangaroo Island South Australia