From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:20:12 EDT
Chris wrote: "David: construe please.  This was in the US  BeeList."

It reached me in corrupted form (see below). But  roughly:

"Hello, .........I have Warré hives with frames with  foundation.
I am having a lot of difficulty in getting the foundation drawn.  How do you
get the bees to do it? Should they be fed? Can one do it  throughout the
season? Thanks."

If he is using Warré's method he  should not be using embossed foundation,
just 5 mm plain wax starter strips.  He should not be using frames, just top
bars. He should feed nothing but  honey if he feeds at all. He should only
expect the bees to draw comb in a  good nectar flow in the warm season.

David Heaf
Wales, UK

P.S.  Warré's book L'Apiculture pour tous is now translated and will go on
the net  as a PDF any day soon.