From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2012 05:12:10 -0500
The concern is to get the "king bloom" pollinated. Under perfect weather
conditions only a few days are needed to get the job done. Orchards with
fewer varieties take shorter pollination times. Those with many varieties
blooming at different times take longer. Growers check Dailey and when the
need to get the first all important spray on the bees are pulled. Perhaps
the grower observed a pest or problem needing treatment and thought more
important than a larger pollination set.
5 days is a very short time if many varieties involved.beekeepers are rarely
consulted as to the why of ending the pollination, We were always ready as
we were given only 24 hours notice or told your hives are at the pickup
location. We spray tomorrow.
bob

-